It sounds like an impossibility to say that you can lose weight without exercise, but it is actually possible! While exercise is one way that you can burn fat and accelerate weight loss, anything that boosts your metabolism will help you reduce your belly fat. Your metabolism is how your body uses the calories in food to make energy for your mind and body. It also regulates your weight.
Here are a few ways that you can speed up your metabolism and reduce your belly fat without exercise.
- Hydrate Fully and Frequently An important aspect of your daily nutrition is drinking enough water to remain fully hydrated. Drinking water speeds up your metabolism about 25%, helping you to burn more calories and shed weight from your middle. Calories in other drinks—such as soda and alcohol—are some of the easiest to cut out of your diet when you are attempting to lose weight. Replacing these drinks with water, even flavored water, can help you get rid of that unwanted belly flab.
- Leafy Greens Are Your Best Friend Rethink your diet and enrich it with leafy greens, vegetables, and grains to help you reduce extra body fat. When you eat a diet that is rich in fiber, you are more likely to feel full longer and your body will have plenty of energy. So, ditch the starches and the carbs! Eat Negative Calorie Foods Some foods that you eat require your body to spend more energy digesting them than they give you. What exactly does that mean? It means that, as you are eating them, negative calorie foods actually burn your fat. They take away calories.
- Here are some common (and yummy) negative calorie foods:
- Skip the extra sugar, dips, or dressings that you might be tempted to add to these foods for additional calorie reduction.
- Waist Training! A good quality waist trainer will help you lose unwanted belly fat while you wear it by ramping up perspiration and causing your waist to sweat. It's compression will also help you avoid over eating by making you feel full quicker when eating while waist training.
- Get a Great Night of Sleep Studies show that tired people have an increase in the hormone ghrelin, which stimulates the appetite. If you are not getting enough rest at night, this can contribute to extra eating, because your body needs energy, and weight gain. Getting the proper amount of sleep, about eight hours a night, could help you lose weight.
- Bust Your Stress! Stress is another factor in weight gain around your belly, because it stimulates the hormone cortisol. Your body responds to this hormone by storing fat around your vital organs. If you find yourself frequently stressed, try slowing down your breathing or making time for a hobby that relaxes you. Surprising weight loss benefits may result, particularly around your abdomen. As you can see, there are many ways that it is possible to reduce unwanted belly fat without exercise.
However, exercise is still important for living a healthy and balanced life and can speed up weight loss. Keep a balanced approach to your weight loss, incorporating changes to your diet and making time for exercise, so that you can achieve your goal of reducing that belly fat.
- November 22, 2016
- Marisol Martinez